Rancho Cucamonga is a city approaching 200,000 residents. Its population is growing. It’s located just south of the San Gabriel Mountains and Angeles National Forest. Health statistics about Rancho Cucamonga and its residents include the following:
- In 2014, 92.9% of the population had health coverage. Estimates from 2013-18 found that 6.3% of people under 65 didn’t have any health coverage, suggesting health coverage in the city is on the rise.
- There’s approximately 1 doctor for ever 1,281 residents.
- In 2014 the per capita personal health care spending in Rancho Cucamonga was $7,549, up 4.04% from the past year ($7,256).
- In 2013 the total health expenditures by Rancho Cucamonga local government came in at $521,000, or $2.94 per resident.
- The median annual income for Rancho Cucamonga households was $83,736 in 2017, significantly higher than California and the country at large.
- Healthcare in Rancho Cucamonga is +0.6% more than the national average according to Salary.com.
- California ranks 23rd of the 50 states for access to healthcare, according to U.S. News & World Report. Its healthcare quality was ranked 10th, and its public health ranked 1st. This placed it 7th overall on USNR’s Health Care Rankings.
- Public health care systems in California serve over 2.85 million patients per year, and provide almost 35% of all hospital care to Medicaid recipients.
In this guide we’ll look at the top-rated and popular health organizations and institutions in Rancho Cucamonga, California area.
Skip to any of the following topics in this resource:
- Hospitals in Rancho Cucamonga
- Pediatricians in Rancho Cucamonga
- Family Practice Doctors in Rancho Cucamonga
- Internal Medicine Doctors in Rancho Cucamonga
- Specialist Doctors in Rancho Cucamonga
- The Most Popular Doctors in Rancho Cucamonga
- Telemedicine in Rancho Cucamonga
Hospitals in Rancho Cucamonga, California
There are an estimated twenty hospitals in Rancho Cucamonga and the surrounding area. Some are larger centers with multiple campuses offering vastly different services, while others are smaller and focused on specific health offerings. The largest hospitals and medical centers in the area are:
- Kindred Hospital Rancho
- San Antonio Regional Hospital
- Kaiser Permanente
- Montclair Hospital
- Rancho Specialty Hospital
The largest of these are San Antonio, Kaiser, and Kindred. San Antonio and Kaiser offer the most services. Kindred doesn’t provide emergency services. Instead, it specializes in treatment and rehabilitation in post-intensive care.
These facilities offer emergency services and have doctors and treatment areas dedicated to areas like vascular health, gastrointestinal health, prostate surgery, and much more. Rancho Cucamonga’s hospitals are not as large as some hospitals you may be familiar with, but there are still more than 700 hospital beds at these locations.
Pediatric Doctors in Rancho Cucamonga, California
Pediatric medicine revolves around children and adolescents. Pediatricians work to make sure kids and young adults are healthy through checkups and physicals, handle common illnesses, and refer young patients to specialists. Some pediatricians might be specialists themselves, while many are general practitioners. Extensive medical facilities have pediatricians working in roles like:
- Pediatric Behavioral Health
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Emergency Medicine Pediatrics
- Pediatric Neurology
- Pediatric Surgery
- And more
There are approximately 30 practicing pediatricians in Rancho Cucamonga and the surrounding area.
Larger pediatric centers in Rancho Cucamonga include Cucamonga Pediatrics, Children’s Choice Pediatrics, Rancho Cucamonga, Little Star Pediatric Urgent Care, Alta Loma Pediatrics, and Pinnacle Medical Group Pediatrics.
Children’s Choice, Little Star, and Alta Loma got the highest ratings on Google among these options. They were ranked 4.9, 4.9, and 5.0 out of 5.0 stars respectively.
These institutions were praised for their organization, cleanliness, kindness, and of course, high-quality care. They were also commended for thorough examinations, speed of service, friendliness, great atmosphere, and incredible customer service.
Some of the specific pediatricians that were highly praised and rated by patients included Dr. Olga M Adan, Dr. Uzma R Ali, Dr. Peter Ambrose, Dr. Tara Ahmed, Dr. Donald Curtis, and Dr. Ravi P. Garehgrat.
Family Practice Doctors in Rancho Cucamonga, California
General practice doctors take care of common illnesses and health problems, in addition to checkups and physicals. Increasingly, people don’t have a go-to doctor for their family, but it’s useful in many ways. When you have a family practice doctor you can rely on someone you trust to recommend treatment, pertinent specialists and much more.
Family practice doctors generally take care of people of all ages. They may employ doctors that work with kids and ones that work with adults in one facility. This makes visits and relationships more comfortable and closer between doctors and families.
It’s common for pediatricians and internal medicine physicians to be in different places, but family practices bring these areas of medicine together.
Family practice physicians in Rancho Cucamonga include:
- Rancho Wellness: they offer online web visits, a range of medical services, a seniors first program, hormone therapy, and much more. Some of the services they provide include diabetes treatment, controlling high blood pressure, cardiac and circulation evaluations, sports physicals, among many others. This practice received a cumulative 4.8/5 ranking on Google from 119 reviews.
- Theodore Gerard A. Caspe, MD: Caspe specializes in family practice and aesthetic medicine. He’s been serving the community for more than ten years. He’s worked in urgent care and helps patients with physicals, blood work, body contouring, diabetes management, skin tag, and fungus removal, among other services. Caspe was rated 4.7/5 on Google among 147 reviews.
- Aspen Family Medicine & Geriatrics: Aspen’s practice works on areas like chronic disease management, cancer screening, asthma, common infections, and much more. They work with babies, children, teens, adults, and the elderly. There are also psychiatric services, dermatologists, varicose vein treatments, and so much more at this one-stop-shop. Aspen got a 4/5 ranking among 23 Google reviews.
Internal Medicine Doctors in Rancho Cucamonga, California
Internal medicine doctors, or internists, provide essential medical services to adults. The same way pediatricians treat children; internists treat adults. They offer checkups and physicals, prescribe medicine, refer patients to specialists, and provide general care for common illnesses.
If you have a terrible cold or flu you might consult an internist, or if you’re having a more uncommon medical problem, you might visit them to get a first opinion, primary diagnosis, and recommended treatment options.
Internists can do blood work, run tests, and more. When an issue is beyond their experience, they help you find someone who can help you.
Having a doctor you can trust and have an ongoing relationship with is a great way to make sure you consistently monitor your health.
Approximately 149 internists are practicing in or near Rancho Cucamonga, California.
Specialist Doctors in Rancho Cucamonga, California
Specialists help patients deal with health problems that originate in different areas and systems of the body. They can diagnose and treat complex problems that general practitioners might not be able to. Some examples of specialty areas of medicine include:
- Obstetricians and Gynecologists, who work on women’s health issues and pregnancy
- Opthamologists, who handle eye problems, and may perform surgeries to correct them
- Diagnosticians, who who use radiology to help diagnose medical issues
- Nephrologists, who work to diagnose and treat kidney issues
- Cardiologists, who work on heart problems
- Rheumatologists, who deal with joints, ligaments, and muscle issues, along with rheumatism
- E.N.T.’s work on throat, nose, ears, and allergy problems
- Among others
Major specialist medical centers in Rancho Cucamonga include:
- Kindred Hospital Rancho
- Kaiser Permanente
Kindred Hospital Ranch offers specialty services in:
- IV Antibiotic Care
- Pulmonary Care (including prolonged ventilation and non-ventilated care)
- Wound Care
- Palliative Care
- Diabetes Management Services
- Stroke and Brain Injury Care
- Rehabilitation Services
- And more
Kaiser Permanente offers specialist care in areas like:
- Family Medicine
- Radiology/Diagnostic Imaging
- Internal Medicine
- Advice and Treatment Nursign
- Vision Essentials: Optical Dispensing and Optometry
- Among others
Kindred is known for its excellent communication and patient-centered experience. Through lip-reading, interpretive services, and much more it strives to help doctors understand patients and give them the care they deserve.
Kaiser Permanente aims to give patients spectacular care and coverage in one location. Members can access Kaiser facilities, including the Rancho Cucamonga location. They promise incredible value with your coverage, personalized attention, new ways to treat common problems, and much more.
Most Popular Doctors in Rancho Cucamonga, California
If you’re looking for the best care you can find in Rancho Cucamonga, here are two great choices:
- Rancho Wellness
- Pinnacle Medical Group
Rancho Wellness is anchored by four health professionals: Dr. Eric Eschweiler, Doctor of Nursing Practice, FNP, MSN, BSN, Heidi Larson, RN, MSN, FNP-C, Barbara Santa Cruz, PA-C, and Ravinder Singh M.D. The ethos of this practice is to serve patients with a holistic approach. Instead of offering short-term solutions and prescribing drugs, Rancho Wellness tries to examine the underlying issues causing poor health. Their professionals strive to help patients make changes that lead to better health outcomes and work on solutions to severe problems together. Services offered include:
- Well Woman Visits
- Sports Physicals
- High Blood Pressure Control
- Respiratory Evaluation
- Cholesterol Control
- Circulation Evaluation
- Cardiac Evaluation
- Anxiety and Depression
- And more.
Pinnacle Medical Group has several locations in the area. They offer patients primary care, specialty care, and surgery. They serve families, children, and adults while accepting multiple health plans. Pinnacle offers:
- Primary Care
- Urgent Care
- Online Services
- Laboratory Drawing
- Hospital Care
- Health Education
- And more
These institutions were among the best in our assessment of the Rancho Cucamonga health landscape.
Telemedicine in Rancho Cucamonga, California
Telemedicine is a rapidly rising area of medicine. It aims to move as many medical services to remote delivery through the Internet and apps. This can include visits, examinations, and more. Telemedicine providers offer 24/7 access to health professionals and can cost significantly less than in-person visits.
Some telemedicine providers can be accessed throughout the country and others that are specific to certain areas.
Some of the services you can receive through telemedicine providers include:
- Advise and nutritional planning
- Affordable medical evaluations
- Second opinions
- Refills on existing prescriptions
- Mental health services
- Evening consultations
- Routine inspections
- Scheduling appointments
- Finding new doctors
- And more
At BestDoctorsOnline, we have a large database cataloging telemedicine providers. Please check out our rankings of the top online medical providers.
California-specific telemedicine providers include:
- California TeleHealth Resource Center List
- AdventistCare Virtual Health
- Kaiser Permanente’s MyDoctor
- Kaiser Permanente Thrive
- St. Joseph Health Medical Group
- Zoc Doc
- Cirrus Medical Network
- Adventist Health Virtual Care
- One Medical
- Carbon Health